Step down sensor voltage

I have a hydraulic pressure transducer. Trying to read it with my Arduino, however, the sensor is 0 to 10 Volts where as my ADC is 0 to 5 volts. I made a simple voltage divider but not terribly happy with results, requires calibration. Anybody have a better method / idea?

Thanks!

A voltage divider made with two resistors is all you should need for this, two 10K resistors in series with one end at ground and the other end at the sensor should do the trick with no calibration needed. (You should get exactly 1/2 the input voltage if each resistor is the same value)

The center tap between resistors is where you would connect the Arduino. Make sure Arduino ground and sensor ground are connected together. You might also check your resistors resistance, with 10% tolerance resistors you could be up to 2K ohms off between two of them.

Agreed, 2 x 10K resistors. Use 0.1% tolerance and you do not have to calibrate the divider.

okay thanks

As stated above, you only need a voltage divider. Sometime the resistor given of 10k might be correct or not correct. To prove whether the given resistance and the tolerances are correct, you need to do some calculations which will at least give you the actual results. You can use the formulae in the link below to prove your resistance mathematically:

https://www.theengineeringprojects.com/ … calculator

Regards!