Tsunami cant make midi keyboard trigger files help

I cant get Tsunami to play files via midi keyboard please help? ( cant seem to find answers on forum or online.)

I have Oxygen 8 midi keyboard >midi keyboard Out> wired to pins 4&5 on Tsunami board. SDcard with default Tsnami INI file (i.e. Midi channel = omni) + Wav 16bit stereo files named “001.wav” up to “065.wav” (All on top level of card ).

When I load up and try playing keyboard no files are triggered (and tried playing all octaves).

• If I assign trigger inputs to the same audio files they play (so I know the file format is ok and audio output working on output 1&2).

• The firmware is updated to latest stereo version

• Tested Keyboard & midi cable it plays midi notes into my sound card.

Where am I going wrong?

I assume its a setting Ini file or wav file name?

Any help asap hugely appreciated as trying to make for a show on Monday (PS I’m not a Midi expert by any means).

thanks

Is it possible that you have the MIDI cables pins 4 and 5 reversed? Try the other polarity, and make sure you’re connecting to the right pins on the MIDI cable - the MIDI DIN connector pin numbering is not intuitive.

I had a very similar experience - keyboard would work fine in Cubase and GarageBand and the manual trigger 1-16 worked fine; problem turned out to be the 1st note on my keyboard was sending out MIDI number 48. To find the solution, renamed copies of the same samples files (001 - 016) from 040 to 070 and then the samples played along with keyboard. 1st key was 48.

Sorry, old post, but I am having exactly the same problem. My MIDI controller plays well other synth/modules but no sound when hooking it up to the Tsunami. This one works fine when triggering 1-16 directly. I tried swapping the MIDI connection 4-5 to no avail. I haven’t tried renaming the tracks as mention above (starting in note 48), as I am not quite sure which notes my controller is transmitting. Just for reference, it’s a custom made 35 key G to F keybed to use in a digital mellotron clone.

Is there any way to see which note number I am transmitting from the controller? Anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Steve.