No BT on RTK Surveyor

When I power up the RTK Surveyor, I get lots of flashing lights, followed by PPS and then 100cm Accuracy. And the blue BT light is flashing but there is no device called Surveyor Rover xxxx as noted in the Hookup doc. The only devices shown are know past ones like BT speakers, BT keyboard, etc. Same situation whether I use the iPhone or iPad. BT appears to be not working. What next?

TIA

Don

Is this a hint at the answer to my quandry? . . .

From the RTK Hookup doc: The RTK Surveyor transmits full NMEA sentences over Bluetooth serial port profile (SPP) at 4Hz and 115200bps.

And from other web posts: If it really is SPP, you’re basically out of luck on because iOS doesn’t support SPP.

Hi Don.

The Bluetooth module in the RTK Surveyor is an SPP device, unfortunately it’s not going to work with an Apple device. Apple is very picky about what devices are allowed to connect to their hardware and charge a fee to add a device to their list. :frowning:

So there’s no work around for this? I specifically bought this to work off an iPad . Could I use a third party Bluetooth adapter connected to the USB port?

Not through the USB port, but you might be able to use a 3rd party Bluetooth module connected to the data port. The data port outputs 3.3 volt TTL serial NMEA at 115200 baud.