RTK EVK fails to connect Bluetooth

I have a Pixel 6a with Android 14. Trying to connect to the RTK EVK over Bluetooth, it simply doesn’t work. On my phone it tries for a while then says “Can’t communicate with EVK Rover-83EE”.
On my co-workers iPhone, it doesn’t even discover the EVK as an available Bluetooth device.

The EVK has the latest firmware 1.3.
I am able to get into the EVK config over wifi. I’ve tried changing bluetooth to SPP only, BLE only, and SPP+BLE, all same issue.

Hi,

Which App are you using to communicate with the EVK? Have you tried SW Maps as per the quick start guide?

Hope this helps,
Paul

Ah, sorry. 1.3 had a bug which prevented BLE from working correctly.

Please try updating to the latest 1.4 Release Candidate. You will need to enable BETA if you are updating via the web configuration page or the serial menus.

Hope this helps…

Thanks for your response. I have updated to the latest beta, my EVK says d1.4.
However it is still the same result with trying to connect. I have tried with bluetooth set to SPP+BLE, SPP only, and BLE only, they all behave the same way. Are there any other settings I could try toggling?

Ah, I got it! While the built-in Android method for connecting bluetooth would not work, using the Serial Bluetooth Terminal app (from google play store) has it’s own menu for listing and connecting to bluetooth devices. From that one it was able to connect and is streaming the GNSS messages.