SparkFun Facet Pairing issue

My new Facet seems to have difficulty pairing with any app including SW Maps. My android will pair with it but only after a few attempts and the apps will see it but they cannot connect. See screenshot below for the error I’m getting with SW Maps specifically. It worked fine a few weeks ago when testing but last week started to have an issue.

I tried two different androids, with the same results and I can pair and use our Trimble device without a problem. I made sure it wasn’t paired with another device when trying to connect and I even reset one of the phones to factory reset to see if it was an update issue but nothing worked so far

Please help - we would like to get more of these devices and get away from Trimble but not if this continues.

TYIA!

I wonder if the battery is causing issues - does it still disconnect if powered over usb?

Thanks - no it still doesn’t seem to pair with the apps when plugged in via USB. I’m having the same “disconnected” error. It did pair with the android this time but I’m not sure it was just luck or it being plugged in. Any other ideas?

You can try a couple more things:

See if it’ll pair to a PC/laptop https://docs.sparkfun.com/SparkFun_RTK_ … bluetooth/ and/or change the bluetooth mode being used

Hook it up over serial and access the menus https://docs.sparkfun.com/SparkFun_RTK_ … re_update/ and perhaps update the firmware and try again from there - note that the GUI method has been preferred by some users

If none of that gets it going, head over to www.sparkfun.com/returns and we’ll likely need to send it back for repair

The firmware seems to be up to date and the bluetooth option did not seem to fix the issue. Now it also seems like it’s not charging. The green light will come on for a couple minutes and then go off. And just now, I got this error (see attached). This is a brand new device…We are not happy.

How do I send it back for repair?

MicrosoftTeams-image (26).pdf (677 KB)

I received my RTK Surveyor Kit yesterday and am having a similar issue. I don’t think your Facet actually paired with your android device. I am using Fieldgenius and it did something similar to what you described with SW maps. I attempted to pair with Android, Iphone, Windows and Mac and while it is recognized it cannot successfully pair. Mind you this is right out of the box.

I received my Rtk Surveyor yesterday and after attaching the Antennae was able to get data to 100cm. I updated the firmware from 2.2 to Rtk firmware d3.7 which I believe is the latest available. I changed the Bluetooth setting to the low energy iOS setting and restarted my iPhone and Rtk surveyor and though the Rtk surveyor was blinking blue in pairing mode, the iPhone didn’t discover it. The surveyor is still receiving data as before the firmware upgrade. I stumble across an item in one of the forums suggesting this might be a hardware switch problem where the blue tooth setting needs to be changed on the board to pair an iPhone. Any help?

I went to SWMaps and scanned for Bluetooth devices and it found the Rtk Surveyor. It was listed also as a Bluetooth device on my iPhone. It seems scanning in SWMaps forced the Bluetooth connection through the iPhone. Rtk surveyor is now able to receive GNSS and Rtk data and display in SWMaps.