SparkFun Pulse Oximeter and Heart Rate Sensor - MAX30101 & MAX32664 on the wrist ?

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/15219

Would it be possible to get SpO2 and HR values from the MAX32664 biosensor hub when the sensor is placed other than the finger? Whenever I try a spot other than my finger I get an extended error status -5 - Object other than finger detected

Is there a way to override this check and have the biosensor hub process raw IR and Red intensities to do the HR and SpO2 math? I guess it’ll require calibration if it is on a spot other than the finger ?

As far as I know, these sensors must be placed under the index finger only. Let’s see what the manufacturers say.

That is correct. The product and example code were designed specifically to be interfaced with one’s finger tip.

You might be able to modify the code to work with others areas, however, we cannot guarantee that the sensor will work as advertised under these conditions.

I hope this helps. Happy holidays!

Any suggestions on where I can modify the code? The SparkFun_Bio_Sensor_Hub_Library? Just asking in case anyone knows how to override the finger detection check. Thanks! and happy holidays to you too!