Using SparkFun RTK Facet with Field Maps (ESRI) application

Hi, is the Sparkfun RTK Facet compatible with the Field Maps (ESRI) application (when used on an Android)?

Thank you!

Yes I believe it will: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/field-maps/io … 210308C821

I’ll try to get something written up shortly.

Just wondered if there was ever any documentation written on this topic? Sure would help Sparkfun sell more units, we currently use Eos Arrows, but I’ve been eyeing these for a while and would like to buy a few if they work.

Thank, Alex

Checkout the docs for Android and iOS. The short answer is probably not. ESRI stinks because some of their apps don’t allow TCP connections while some do (and we’re compatible). For those apps on iOS that do not support TCP, we cannot connect over Bluetooth SPP (again, only iOS) without a huge amount of work.

1 Like

Thanks for the links @sparky
We’re planning to use the products with ArcGIS Online and Field Maps via Android platforms. I’ll be sure to share how this works, and give any specific tips that help.
I know y’all have your hands full trying to address our varied interests and applications so thanks for doing as good a job as y’all do!

Thank you for the kind words! We just added a handful of good documents for connecting to Field Maps on Android.

Smashing job on this!!! I look forward to forwarding this to many future customers.
P.S. My friend in CO just ordered and drop shipped me their Torch and I get to play with it this weekend : D

You just made my task of whipping up a white page for them a heck of a lot easier.
THANK YOU,
Alex

1 Like