Xbee bootloader problem

I recently purchased two XBee 3 Module - U.FL Antennas one to be used as a transmitter and a the other to be used as a receiver. The first module I connected to the XTCU software from digi worked correctly and I was able to configure it. However the second module I tried to connect would not successfully connect. I ran through the instructions on the digi website and the sparkfun website on how to reset and recover the XBee and it was unsuccessful giving my the no boot loader found every time. Any suggestion to fix this problem?

I’ve been playing with these lately and establishing the connection seems pretty reliable. Assuming it isn’t installed backwards (which I totally did once already) or you’re off a pin, I’d guess defective XBee.

Hi lectr0nicts143,

Sorry for the delay in our response here. Your XBee might be defective, especially since the other one works just fine but before we reach that conclusion, I have a couple quick questions just to make sure there are no hardware issues going on. First, what are you using to connect the XBee to your computer? Are you using the same device for both XBees or do you have multiple XBee adapters/USB-to-Serial boards? Next, is XCTU able to find the radio when you use the “Search for Radios” tool in the software or does it return no devices found? If so, can you take a screenshot of that and attach it to your reply?