TSUNAMI SUPER WAV TRIGGER NOT FUNCTIONAL?

Hi,

I just received a WIG-18159 Tsunami Super WAV Trigger and it seems not to work correctly or I can`t get it to work.

As first step I downloaded the qwiic tsunami demo mono files, placed them on a freshly deleted and formatted sd card

but pulling triggers to ground didn`t do anything, no sound and no visual feedback from leds.

I then tried with stereo files, but also no sound and no leds lighting up.

I then downloaded the firmware, and tried to update the firmware, I followed instructions on the user guide and when

trying to update with this new firmware I get visual feedback from the led:

One long blink two short blinks, which in the manual is called as „Hex file error“.

I tried updating both mono and stereo firmwares, but both result in the same „One long blink two short blinks“.

I tried with two sd cards with same results (both work in my older wavtrigger boards).

I found another thread here and also followed the suggestions there, I measured 3V3 Volt with power via usb and via a 5V

power supply, in both cases I can measure 3.3 Volts, the usb socket however seems a bit „wonky“.

When pushing buttons user and reset with no sd card inserted I get a blue light blinking.

Now I`m out of ideas. Is something wrong with the board or am I overseeing something?

I´d be really helpful for any hints or suggestions.

//Update//

I got pretty frustrated and drove to an electronic store nearby and bought another Tsunami.

This one instantly worked with the same two sd cards and the same files I tried with the first one.

So I guess the first one has some sort of malfunction. Unfortunately I ordered the first one via mouser and not directly via sparkfun, so I’ll try to contact them.

Thanks for your help.